Chapter 7 vs. Chapter 13
Let our Ventura Bankruptcy Lawyer Help You
If you are determining which type of bankruptcy you should choose, it is
always in your best interest to consult with a qualified
Ventura bankruptcy attorney before you do anything. By working together with a lawyer who is knowledgeable
regarding all of California’s bankruptcy laws, you can feel confident
in moving forward with the best possible debt relief plan. Let Attorney
Mertes of the
Law Offices of Janet L. Mertes help you choose Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 as you seek to wipe out your financial burden.
Call the Law Offices of Janet L. Mertes for a
free bankruptcy consultation!
Elements of Chapter 7 Bankruptcy
- No minimum debt requirement
- Completely wipes out all debts, except secured assets
- Bankruptcy is over in 3-6 months
- Immediate creditor harassment & wage garnishment protection
- Any money earned after filing (besides inheritance) is yours
- Non-exempt property will be lost
- Secured assets that are not covered under CA bankruptcy exemptions will be lost
- Automatic stay created by Chapter 7 is only temporary when it comes to
Chapter 7 bankruptcy can only be filed again if it has been 8 years since the first filing
Elements of Chapter 13 Bankruptcy
- All property, both exempt & non-exempt, can be kept if you can afford
the payment plan
- Debts can be significantly reduced
- Immediate protection from wage garnishment & creditors
- There are more debts that can be discharged under this plan
Chapter 13 can be filed at any time
- You are given more time to pay back non-dischargeable debts
- Your post-bankruptcy income will have to be used to repay your debts
- This process can take up to 3-5 years to complete
- Legal fees may be more costly
Get Started With Us Today!
Attorney Janet Mertes can walk you through your options and guide you towards the path that
serves you or your family with a positive outcome. We will work personally
with you from the moment you retain our firm and provide the supportive
legal counsel you deserve. Let us help you get your life back and be free
from overwhelming debt.
Get a fresh financial start and
call our Ventura bankruptcy attorney today!